Over the last few days as Valentine’s Day’s immediate doom has been slowly creeping up upon us, I have listened to SO many girls complain about being single and that they will NEVER find that special one. Add a little bit of black and a bonfire burning of all ex-boyfriends that did you wrong, you have yourself the biggest pity-party of the year.
But I propose a radical change for all the single ladies out there. Throw away all of your black and join in with the pink-ified festivities. Who says that you have to have a boyfriend to enjoy Valentine’s Day? V-Day is supposed to be a day to tell those you love how much you care, and why can’t we show ourselves a little love along the way too?
Being a single lady myself and with no date invites currently coming my direction, I have decided to take the high road and enjoy myself without a man this upcoming Tuesday. Along with getting a mani and pedi, I am going to pamper myself with spending time with some of my closest (single) friends and make it a date all our own.
But if watching “The Vow” and going out to a nice dinner isn’t your forte, do not despair! Your day still doesn’t have to revert to black-fire-burning fun as I have made a full list for you below with some fabulous options for all you single ladies out there (sorry guys, you’re outta luck! I’m sure you don’t mind having a night just with the boys)!
- Go sing karaoke—There’s nothing better than getting a good laugh at your best Britney Spears and Lady Gaga impressions. Be sure to pick the cheesiest love song and belt your little heart out!
- Pamper yourself—You can follow my lead and go get yourself a mani and pedi at your favorite salon or even splurge a little bit and go get a fabulous massage; it’s up to you. Just be sure to go all out and enjoy yourself. Who says you can only pamper yourself before a V-Day date?
- Send yourself flowers—Now this one could be considered pushing the envelope, but if you love flowers as much as I do it doesn’t matter who they come from.
- Indulge yourself—Whether you want to spend your night with Ben & Jerry or Mr. Russell Stover, let yourself have the best of the best.
- Go after what you want—Have you been wanting a 4.0 for the semester or that top-notch internship? Don’t let anything hold you back! So find your inner She-Man-Woman power and go after it! What a better way to show that you love yourself on Valentine’s Day then by achieving your dreams?
- Find something new to love—Find a new activity to try or go to an animal shelter and spread your love to a new addition to your life. Give all of your love to something that means something to you, new and old.
- Send love someone else’s way—Don’t only pamper yourself; share your love with everyone you know. Send some flowers to your mom or give your best friend a gift card to her favorite place; a little amount goes a long way.
- Go watch a chick-flick—“The Vow” is a must-see for this day! But if tear-jerking chick flicks aren’t what you’re in the mood for, maybe a romantic comedy would be better for you and your best girlfriends!
- Do something silly or child-like—I love this idea, but with the crazy weather we’ve been having lately some of these options may be out of your reach.
- Go Karts
- Ice Skating/Roller Skating
Whatever you may choose, just remember… throw away those matches for the bonfire, open up the curtains and turn on some happy tunes. Love yourself on V-Day (and you can still secretly hate all of those sickening mushy couples, just don’t let it consume YOUR special day)!